Strong communities are those where people have pride in where they live, where people are confident, welcoming, resilient and able to respond positively to the challenges that they face. Specifically, individuals who reside in a strong community are
- Able to work with and understand the services and decisions that affect them;
- Able to understand and respect each others differences;
- Empowered to make the most of opportunities;
- Involved and participating;
- Resilient, able to cope and respond to difficult situations and issues;
- Confident that change is possible and that the community can make a difference.