- Do you criticise your partner all the time?
- Do you blame them for everything?
- Do you use their love for their children against them?
- Do you resent them being close to friends or family members?
- Do you think you have the right to control their behaviour?
- Do you ever force them to do something they don’t want to?
- Are they ever afraid of you?
It takes courage to admit that you are abusing your partner. But if you really want to change, you can. If you feel that you are hurting someone, whether physically or emotionally, you can choose to stop. It can be difficult to change the way we relate to others and to accept that we do not have the right to control those around us.